Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hello! Are you still reading here? If you are, thank you! I faded away a couple months ago, and spent the end of 2013 just trying to get by - without the spoons to really look for even the little victories.

Between the death of my cat, Apollo, and the worsening of my Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, most of my attention has been focused inward. Apollo had been a companion and rock for me for 12 years, so losing him was especially hard. I still have his sister, Diana, and that helps.

With the EDS, I have gotten new braces for my neck, wrists, and soon all my fingers. I'm getting a new keyboard (mechanical, with Cherry MX Brown switches) that should help abate the finger dislocations. Basically, I should be able to type & write easier soon.

Overall, 2013 didn't suck as much for me as for some of my friends, but some of it sucked pretty bad, nonetheless. But now its is 2014. I'm all set to have an easier time with my existing issues, so I'll handle new ones better.

So GLV got a mini makeover, and I feel like I can start looking for the bright spots that make up my little victories again. Won't you join me for a year of petting cats & blogging victories? -Shayla

No comments:

Post a Comment